Monday, August 17, 2009

Grandpa's First Babysitting Job

I had a dentist appointment last week and about 6 months ago I asked my dad to babysit Sawyer while I went. I was gone for about an hour and a half and my 2 great aunts came over to help my dad take care if him (and to get extra holding time in). It was also Sawyer's first time taking a bottle...he looked at my dad and smiled while licking the bottle, as if to say, "Why are you feeding me? You're not my mommy, this feels silly."

The great thing about my dad is that everyone gets a nickname from him. For example, Giacomo is EC, which stands for the "Essence of Cuteness." Growing up, I was YAMS, which meant, "You Are My Sweetheart." When I got back from my dentist appointment, Sawyer had his very first nickname from his grandpa...FTJ. They had fun but his nickname lovingly stands for "Full Time Job!" I concur but it's well worth it!

This is extra special because my dad made this cradle 37 years ago while he was getting his masters in art. All 4 of us were once in it and our 3 Lugo cousins plus Erin's son Jake have used it. Sawyer is baby #9 and it still looks beautiful and newly crafted. What a talented grandpa Sawyer has! In this cradle has been...

John, Kelly, Danika, Erin, Brendan, Kier, me, Jake, & Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment