Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's a Miracle!

Last night, we had our very best night of sleep yet!

At Sawyer's 2 month check-up the doctor said we could start "training" him to sleep longer if we wanted to, instead of waking up every 2-3 hours. It involved moving him from his Pack-n-Play in our room to his own crib and letting him cry for a little bit. I tried that about a week ago and he hated his crib and screamed for 20 minutes. I didn't have the heart to keep at it so I abandoned that ship along with several other failed attempts at the crib.
Until yesterday.
I'm going back to work on Monday and really felt like we should give this a go again. So last night when I knew he was fed, changed, burped, and tired, I put him in his crib. Of course, he was fine for a few minutes, then woke up and cried for 45 minutes. Heartbreaking. But then, miraculously, he fell asleep and slept until 5 in the morning! That was about 7 hours!! I then fed him and he went back to sleep for a couple more hours before I woke him up to go walking with Giacomo. I'm so proud of this little guy!!! Keep it up Sawyer!

I found this onesie on clearance and thought it was made just for Sawyer. It says, "If my toys could talk..." and the helicopter is saying, "Wow, this baby is cute!" and the baseball is saying, "Yeah, he has great hair!" I completely agree. Such smart toys!

As Danika says, he may as well have wings on because he's so angelic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment