Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Survived!

I survived our first week of daycare.

This is all the stuff I had to take with me...plus Sawyer and his stroller.

Willie is now back to work and his knee is doing pretty well. His muscles were very sore, but that was expected after being off for 6 weeks. He leaves for work earlier than me which means that I need to get everything together in the morning by myself. This was our first week of having to do this and get Sawyer to daycare and me to work on time. I must say, the week went pretty smooth and I only cried a little the first day that I dropped him off. He's in great hands and I know he is well taken care of so that's a huge stress reliever.

This is our routine now...
Over the weekend I lay out both Sawyer's clothes and mine for the whole week so in the mornings I can just grab and go...

5:30-- Wake up and take a shower as fast as I can (before Sawyer wakes up). Then hopefully get dressed and ready by the time he does wake up.

6:15-- Take everything I need out of the fridge, freezer, and drying rack and make a pile of everything I need to bring...my lunch, jug of water, jacket, Sawyer's bottle and extra milk bags, diaper bag, purse, pump and accessories, etc.

6:25-- Feed Sawyer while I eat breakfast at the same time and watch the weather channel to make sure we're dressed appropriately.

6:40-- Change Sawyer's diaper and get his clothes on.

6:46-- Strap Sawyer into his carseat, lug everything down to the garage in 2 trips, and transfer him to his stroller.

6:50-- Push Sawyer in the stroller and walk Giac around the neighborhood so he can poop and pee.

6:58-- Transfer Sawyer to the car and put Giac in the house. Leave for daycare.

7:35--Arrive at daycare and drop Sawyer off, first giving him lots of kisses.

7:45--Arrive at work.

It's a busy morning.
Usually Sawyer sleeps 4 hours at a time, but last night he slept 8 hours. I guess the busy week tired him out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment