Saturday, January 9, 2010

Somebody's in the Doghouse...

...and his name is Giacomo.

This lucky little dog gets to go to my parent's house every Friday and spend all day there since they don't work on Fridays and volunteered to take care of Sawyer. Yesterday, in his first 5 minutes there, he dug an enormous hole...you can't really tell the depth of it from the picture, but it's at least 2 feet deep. He's lucky he's cute.

THEN, he did the unthinkable. I arrived about 4:30 and stayed for awhile. Sawyer was getting tired so I started rocking him with his pacifier and I asked where his donkey was. Donkey is his new ultra soft stuffed animal that Danika gave him for Christmas. He likes to snuggle it up to his face when he goes to sleep and he's become quite attached to him already. We've named him Don Quixote and last night he was no where to be found. We looked ALL over the house. Then my dad got in the car and drove down the street and back looking for him, thinking he fell out of the stroller when they went walking. Nope. Nothin. It was dark, and Don Quixote was missing. My dad became search and rescue and got his industrial strength flash light and went searching the 1/2 acre yard. Low and behold, Don Quixote was left in the dirt to fend for himself all night by none other than the little brown bomber (that's what my dad calls Giacomo). We also found 2 other toys out there and my mom's dog never takes his toys outside. At least Giac doesn't rip his toys up...he just hides them. That Giacomo...

Reunited and it feels so good...
Here's Don Quixote back with Harry Elefante once again. Sawyer also has a rocking horse named Hoof Hearted. We like to name his animals for him :)

Come to think of it, this week Giacomo also stole my breakfast on Wednesday and played tag inside the car when I had to leave for work (I was it). Once again, he's lucky he's so stinkin cute but he's still in the doghouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment