Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Willie's Big Month

This was a big month for Willie...here are a few highlights...

1. He turned 30! Yesterday was his real birthday (the 21st) and he picked out Van Gogh's Starry Night cupcakes months ago, which actually were fun and pretty easy to make. I felt like a real artist and his mom made yummy barbacoa nachos (his absolute favorite) to celebrate his big day!

I know they're not perfect, but it's not supposed to be a forgery, just my interpretation. Jennifer was making fun of me saying that the way I was staring at them looked like I was giving myself a mental pat on the back...I was actually critiquing my tree at that moment, but I am indeed pretty proud of how they turned out :)

2. It was his 1st Father's Day! He's so proud of our little guy and takes such great care of him. He even dressed him up to match his own outfit on Father's Day. You can just see Willie's face light up each time someone says Sawyer looks exactly like him (which is all the time). We celebrated a few days early by taking Sawyer to his first Padre game, where everyone in the stadium won 2 free Jack in the Box tacos--well on the way out they handed Willie enoughf or 10 free tacos. They must have known he likes those :)


3. ... and last but not least, he graduated!!!!! For the last 5 years he's been in an electrical apprenticeship and gone to school at night 2 days a week. Well, it's officially over and he's now a journeyman! His ceremony was last week so here he is with a few of his buddies from class...

It was a sit down dinner and ceremony at a hotel in San Diego so grammie and papa watched out little munchkin for us and off we went...

They even gave each new journeyman a "goodie bag" donated by different companies with some tools, gift cards, cash, and Padre tickets...I thought that was really cool. Then at the end Willie took me to meet the VP of his company, who I thought looked familiar...turns out I played soccer with his daughter for years...small world, huh? Willie thought that was really cool :)

So Willie, congratulation on graduating, your first father's Day,and turning 30!!! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment